At MangaMagazine, we do our best to support independent comic and manga authors. That’s why we created MangaMagazine’s Premium Tier.
The idea behind the Premium Tier is to create an environment where serious creators can really focus on doing what they love to do and make money doing it. Everything on our website, from our handy Dashboard to our online library is made with this in mind. We know that there are lots of creators out there who want to tell their stories using manga or comics, but struggle doing it on their own.
There are a lot of great reasons to work with us. Here are just a few:
1.) We handle the financial side:
We pay our artists every month with a guaranteed minimum stipend plus a percentage of our $20,000 pool! No more worrying about how much your ad space is selling for on Google adwords or trying to sell merchandise through PayPal. We take care of the messy accounting, and you get a nice payment every month. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
2.) We’ll Market For you
Let us handle your advertising! We’ve got a team of seasoned experts who understand the best way to place your ads. Don’t fret over which CTR ratio is higher or what a CPM or CTC is. Leave those acronyms to us.
3.) Advertising matching
We believe the success of each author helps our site grow. So, for every dollar a premium author puts towards Google adwords advertising their series each month, we match fifty cents up to $400. So if an author chooses to spend $400 in advertising, we match an additional $200. We take care of all the details for preparing and tracking your ads, you get a clean report showing your results at the end of the month.
4.) No sneaky contracts
5.) Author-owned copyrights
When you join MangaMagazine, you maintain all the rights to your work! This means that if you decide to take their comic off of our site, we retain no rights to publish, advertise, or use any of your work without your consent. The author’s rights belong to the author, and we go out of our way to make sure they always will.
How it Works
- Each Premium Author is expected to produces at least 15 pages of content per month (ads, filler illustrations, and copyright pages are not counted in this total).
- Each Premium Author receives a percentage of the $20,000 pool based on the paid traffic they bring to the site each month. Paid traffic is calculated the number of page views that month by subscribers.
- Each Premium Author is paid a minimum stipend of $150 as long as the minimum page limit is achieved.
- The payment cycle resets at the end of each month, so if the page limit requirements are not met, the Premium Author will not receive any payment for that month.
There are a few requirements that need to be met before an author gets accepted into the Premium Tier.
- You have to be at least 18 years of age to qualify.
- You must have a manga or comic with at least three chapters worth of high quality content. In the case of a new series, you are expected to provide evidence that you
have created a regularly updated series in the past that meets this qualification.
- We’re looking for professional-quality comics, so consistency in pages is needed.